Monday, June 4, 2012

Tornado Proof Homes

Many people are asking me more and more about ICF (Insulating Concrete Form) Homes. I have a beautiful Nashville ICF home that is superior quality to others in the area. Over the next few days, I will be blogging about some of the features of this home and some of the reasons ICF homes are superior to stick built homes. To take a look at this awesome tornado proof home in Nashville, visit www.nashvillesafehome.info I want my family to be safe in a tornado or severe weather!! Able to withstand 250-mile-an-hour winds and wind-borne debris, the storm resistance of ICF homes is the #1 draw for people in hurricane and tornado zones. ICF walls are reinforced concrete, which has an excellent record of surviving natural disasters. Surveys of damage from hurricanes and tornadoes confirmed that reinforced concrete survives high winds better than traditional wood-built homes. In many instances, standing ICF homes were surrounded by collapsed wood homes. www.nashvillesafehome.info Nick Woodard www.nickwoodard.com 615.566.9839 nick@nickwoodard.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this post. I found it very informative and helpful. I had been looking at green homes in Tennessee and found my dream house. I would also like to incorporate Tornado protection because of the recent wave that has the the south and midwest.